The Chapel

At Home

Need Support?

Many of you are hurting and need support, and your pastors want you to know that WE'RE HERE FOR YOU. If you are facing a physical, emotional, spiritual or relational struggle, you don't have to do it alone. We are ready and waiting to listen, encourage and pray for you.

Because we know that the first step of letting others in can be difficult, we have created multiple ways for you to reach out to us.

We look forward to walking alongside you in the struggle.

Financial Care FAQs

What should I do if I lost my job, was laid off or may lose my job due to COVID-19?

If your job has been impacted by the pandemic, here's some information about government assistance that's currently available. We will continue to update this page as new information becomes available.

Find out more about government assistance that has been approved on these websites:

Ohio Unemployment and COVID-19

Resources for Federal Economic Relief - COVID-19

Job and Family Services General Information

Public access has been suspended at the 1180 S. Main St. and 1040 E. Tallmadge Ave. locations; this includes the OhioMeansJob Center.

Documents and correspondence can be uploaded at, faxed to 866.351.8292, dropped in the exterior drop box at the S. Main location, or mailed to 1180 S Main St, Suite 102, Akron OH 44301-1256.

Call toll-free 1.877.644.6562 Monday through Friday 7 AM - 7 PM, and Saturday 9 AM - 1 PM.

File online at:, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. Service may be limited during nightly system updating. Check the website for available services. Please be sure to follow the instructions.

Local libraries are closed right now, but when they reopen, they do have computers available for public use if you do not have access to a computer.

Do I have to be diagnosed with COVID-19 to receive state or federal assistance?

No, a diagnosis is not required to receive federal assistance.

What should I do if I cannot pay my utility
(water, sewer, electric, gas) bills?

Utilities will not be turned off during this state of emergency, however, you will be required to pay your bill so now is a good time to start thinking through your options.

Where can I get help with my mortgage or rent payments?

No evictions or foreclosures will be enforced during this state of emergency, however, you will be required to pay for your housing. Federal assistance should be available to help ease some of that burden within the next couple of weeks.

I don’t have money for groceries or medicine. Where can I go for assistance?
  1. Government assistance: Apply for, renew or update cash, food, medical or child care assistance by calling 1.844.640.6446 or visiting
  2. Lake Township Fish:
    Click HERE to fill out an application for food. If you do not have access to a computer, please call 330.877.1845 and leave a voicemail to register. Be sure to use the gate entrance for the food pantry at 1117 Sunnyside St. in Hartville when you come to pick up food.
  3. From any phone, you can call 211, or research your county's local resources online.
  4. If you are 60 or older, Direction Home is delivering free meals during the COVID-19 crisis. Call Barb Wheeler at 330.899.5395.
What is the extended deadline for income tax filing this year?

You should efile your 2019 Tax Return by July 15, 2020 (extended from April 15 due to the COVID-19 pandemic). If you efile a Tax Extension, your new deadline to efile a 2019 Tax Return will be October 15, 2020.

Because of my age or medical condition, I could use some assistance getting groceries or other necessary supplies. Can you help me?

Volunteers from the churches are working to pick up groceries or other supplies for those in our congregations who are elderly (65+) or at-risk medically and are not connected to others (family members or neighbors) who can help.

If you or someone you know fits that description, please submit your need HERE.

(Note: Please contact your pharmacy directly if you need medications delivered. Most pharmacies offer free delivery. Our volunteers are unable to pick up your medicines.)

What if I have other financial needs or questions not answered above?

Please contact your campus leadership.

  • For Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Kenmore and Nordonia, you may call the Financial Care Help Line 330.315.5449 and leave a message. Someone will return your call within 36 hours.
  • For Green, you may call 330.315.5433.
  • For Wadsworth, you may call 330.315.5421.
Can you pray for me?

We would love to pray for you. Post your request on our online Prayer Wall. You can reach our Prayer Wall anytime 24/7.

Some trust in horses and some in chariots,
but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

Psalm 20:7

If you’re looking for a good source of credible information about COVID-19 in our state, the Ohio Department of Health has created this website: It contains helpful information and excellent data, updated daily.